Our lawyers have considerable experience assisting clients with all aspects of trademark law. Our services and experience includes:
- Advising clients on what activities qualify as trademark use under Canadian law and the documentation necessary to establish trademark rights in Canada for due diligence and litigation purposes – a key feature of Intelligent IP Law.
- Preparing trademark clearance opinions advising whether a client has the right to use and register a trademark in Canada.
- Assisting clients with all aspects of Canadian trademark application and prosecution, including preparing and filing applications and responding to examination reports, as well as coordinating foreign trademark prosecution for clients.
- Assisting clients in establishing trademark holding companies and preparing related trademark license agreements and change of ownership notices.
- Preparing and negotiating trademark assignments and license agreements.
- Advising clients on and representing clients in trademark opposition and summary expungement proceedings before Canada's Trade-mark Opposition Board and any subsequent appeals before the Federal Court of Canada.
- Counselling clients on protecting their brands on the Internet and in the social media environment, including assisting clients with domain name registrations and disputes, and advising clients on trademark keyword advertising.
- Counselling clients on and representing clients in trademark litigation before the Federal Court of Canada. For more information on our trademark litigation practice and experience, please visit the trademark litigation area of our website.